prenatal and birth
Precious Blessings Midwife Care is a homebirth practice based in Plant City, Florida, offering the premier in home prenatal and birth care options to healthy, low risk women and their families in Hillsborough County. Cities served include Brandon, Dover, Seffner, Zephyrhills, Tampa and Plant City.
The Midwives Model of Care is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes and includes:
- Observing and assessing the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing year.
- Individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care.
- Continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and ongoing postpartum support.
- Minimizing technological interventions.
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention
This woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section and significantly improve a woman's satisfaction with her birth experience.
The care provided by the midwives and assistants of Precious Blessings is family focused and designed to enhance a woman's natural ability to easily and joyfully give birth. Priority is given to nurturing bonding with your new child throughout pregnancy, birth and initial newborn period.
Florida law (F.S. 627.6406) mandates that insurance companies who include maternity coverage in their policies and that are based in Florida must also provide coverage for licensed midwives and home birth. Most insurance companies and Medicaid will provide some reimbursement for care by a licensed midwife.
Please contact the midwife at (813) 451-4093 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a consultation and additional information.